Laboratory User Manual Working Group
Industry Leads: Maria Montgomery, Perkins and Will; and Jacob Werner, Ellenzweig
The Laboratory User Manual is envisioned as:
- A living document that describes a facility’s purpose, functions, infrastructure, operations, and intended uses
- Containing guidance for owners and operators to enable them to intelligently use, maintain, and renovate the laboratory over time
- Providing flexible systems to collect and store common design and construction documents without duplicating them, including the Owners Project Requirements (OPR), Basis of Design (BOD), construction drawings, specifications, construction submittals, Building Information Models (BIM), Operations Manuals (O&Ms), commissioning reports, Testing and Balancing (TAB) reports, and other documents
Best Practices Guide
The Group is currently working on the Best Practices Guide: Laboratory User Manual. Phase One includes structured interviews with laboratory owners and operators. If you would like to provide feedback or assist with the effort, please email Maria Montgomery.
This working group invites individuals and organizations committed to helping I2SL develop the Laboratory User Manual. Members are encouraged to contribute their expertise, energy, and ideas. The main group currently holds monthly conference calls; smaller subgroups are created for specific tasks and may hold more frequent calls or meetings as needed. To get involved, please email Maria Montgomery.
- The working group gave a presentation at the 2021 I2SL Annual Conference. View the PowerPoint presentation from the session.
- The working group convened via conference call on October 9, 2020 as part of the 2020 Virual I2SL Annual Conference. View the meeting presentation or watch the meeting recording.
- The working group convened via conference call on July 14, 2020. View the meeting minutes.
- The working group convened via conference call for its first meeting on June 2, 2020. View the meeting presentation and the meeting minutes.