Global Sustainable Laboratory Network Working Group
Lead: Phil Wirdzek
Coordinated by: I2SL
The Global Sustainable Laboratory Network (GSLN) is a working group of international organizations committed to providing a global voice for sustainable laboratories. The GSLN was created by I2SL to provide a concentrated global focus on shared concerns and impediments for developing sustainable laboratory and other high-tech buildings. View the GSLN Agreement (44 KB, 2 pp), which was signed on November 6, 2012, by Phil Wirdzek, I2SL, Konrad Kreuzer, EGNATON, Adelmo Antelo, MAITE Foundation, and James Dykes, Sustainable Labs Canada.
GSLN organizations are committed to:
- Expanding awareness of sustainable laboratory design, engineering, construction, and operation practices worldwide.
- Identifying specific topics of mutual concerns and interest.
- Coordinating resources to address the agreed-upon concerns and interests.
Members of the GSLN meet at the Labs21 2012 Annual Conference.
From left to right: James Dykes, Public Works and Government Services, Canada; Antton Altube, High Identity Buildings, S.L.; Kevin Belusa, AirGenuity, Inc.; Mike Dymarski, University of Toronto; Adelmo Antelo, High Identity Buildings, S.L.; Phil Wirdzek, I2SL.
The GSLN consists of and invites organizations from all over the world that are committed to advancing sustainable laboratories and other high-tech buildings. Organizational representatives are encouraged to contribute their technical expertise, facility information, and experiences.
Representatives meet at least annually to advance their common interests. If you are interested in participating in the GSLN, please contact I2SL.
|Egbert Dittrich of EGNATON hosted an evening BBQ during ACHEMA 2012 for representatives from EGNATON, MAITE, I2SL, and other industry participants.|
Members of the GSLN meet at the Labs21
2011 Annual Conference.
- The MAITE Foundation, an I2SL Partner, organized the The World of Sustainable Laboratory (WOSLAB) event in Bilbao, Spain, November 5–8, 2012.
- The GSLN met at the Labs21 2012 Annual Conference.
- GSLN organizational representatives spoke at ACHEMA 2012, as featured in a German laboratory news article.
- The GSLN convened via conference call on June 20, 2011, to discuss partner activities and participation in upcoming international events, which include the Labs21 2011 Annual Conference; the Expoquimia International Chemical Exhibition in Barcelona, Spain; the 2nd EGNATON Annual Conference in Belgium; and the ACHEMA 2012 conference in Germany.
- During the January 26, 2011, call of the GSLN, I2SL facilitated a discussion on upcoming member projects and goals for the working group. Common topics and areas for collaboration include benchmarking, laboratory ventilation, and participation in several European events throughout the year.
- At the Labs21 2010 Annual Conference, a lively discussion was held on energy benchmarking and the idea of creating one standard international tool. Participants were also given the opportunity to view two available benchmarking systems: a tool developed in Germany and the Labs21 Energy Benchmarking Tool. If you are interested in participating in future discussions about this international benchmarking tool, please email I2SL with your contact information.
- The GSLN convened several Skype calls in 2010 to discuss their initiatives.