A Primer to Improve Airflow in Labs and Critical Workspaces
March 22 and 23
1:00–3:30 p.m. Eastern
3Flow offered a condensed, virtual version of their I2SL operations and maintenance (O&M) training class. The new two-part online course was created to help boost your critical workspace skills from the comfort of your home with live, instructor-led training and a friendly Q&A.
The OSHA Standard requires all laboratory facilities to ensure the proper function of fume hoods and lab ventilation systems used to protect people from overexposure to airborne hazards. Not only is this important to ensuring the safety and health of building occupants, it is also critical to energy efficiency and operational sustainability.
A Primer to Improve Airflow in Labs and Critical Workspaces comprised of two, 2.5-hour “live” webinar presentations provided over a span of two days. Each session incorporated lectures, slides, and recorded video to transform the learning experience. Attendees will:
- Understand how fume hoods and airflow controls operate to protect people and properly test performance.
- Understand how airborne hazards are generated and how airflow systems are used to protect people from exposure.
- Learn to evaluate airflow system design and operation.
- Learn to optimize airflow system performance for improved safety and reduced energy consumption.
- Learn to implement a lab ventilation management plan for better maintaining system performance.
Session 1: Monday, March 22, 2021 | 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. EDT
Overview of Ventilation System Design and Operation
- Design and operation of fume hoods and ventilated devices
- Design and operation of labs and airflow control systems
- Factors affecting safety and energy performance
Demand for Ventilation and Operating Specifications
- How research activities establish the demand for ventilation
- What is a Laboratory Ventilation Risk Assessment?
- How to determine appropriate airflow specifications
Session 2: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 | 1:00 p.m to 3:30 p.m. EDT
Ventilation System Testing and Maintenance Procedures
- Fume hood and exposure control device tests
- Laboratory controls challenge tests
- HVAC systems-level challenge tests
Data Analysis and Troubleshooting
- Key performance indicators
- Building automation systems and the information layer
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting
Managing Safety and Efficiency
- What is a Laboratory Ventilation Management Program?
- Managing change in the laboratory
For questions or concerns, please contact Rob Lukens at 3Flow.