The summer heat may be in full effect, but we have some cool news about the inaugural North American Laboratory Freezer Challenge. More than 200 labs representing 34 organizations across North American competed in the Freezer Challenge, which encouraged researchers to implement best practices of cold storage management. After compiling the results, we are pleased to announce the winners!
Labs received points for taking actions such as properly maintaining freezers and refrigerators, discarding old samples, and retiring unneeded units. Winners were determined based on the number of points they received as well as the amount of energy they saved.
The organizational winners are:
- University of California San Diego
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
The individual laboratory winners are:
- Hoekstra Lab, Harvard University
- Baker Lab, Lilly
- Jones Lab, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The winners will be celebrated at the 2017 I2SL Annual Conference during the Go Beyond and Freezer Challenge Awards dinner. The 2017 Go Beyond Award winners will also be announced during this joint award event.
Be there when we celebrate the Freezer Challenge Award winners and announce the winners of the 2017 Go Beyond Awards:
- Register to attend the 2017 I2SL Annual Conference and reserve your seat at the Go Beyond and Freezer Challenge Awards dinner, taking place at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, October 16.
- Sponsor a table at the Go Beyond and Freezer Challenge Awards dinner and invite 10 dinner guests to join you at your reserved table.
Stay tuned for more information about the 2018 North American Laboratory Freezer Challenge.