Phil Wirdzek Memorial Student Scholarship
I2SL is dedicated to promoting sustainable laboratories globally and educating lab sustainability professionals through our Annual Conference and Technology Fair. I2SLís late founder, Phil Wirdzek, was a tireless proponent of students who dedicate their academic careers to the design and engineering of the labs of tomorrow, as well as sustainable operations of the labs where they study. In support of his legacy, a number of I2SL members have contributed to the Phil Wirdzek Memorial Scholarship Fund. During 2022, I2SL will support the tuition for up to 10 undergraduate or graduate students to attend the conference October 17-19 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Each scholarship will cover a full student registration to the conference, which includes breakfast and lunch, but not dinner. Travel and hotel accommodations are not covered by this scholarship; however, students with an I2SL chapter in their area can request funds for travel reimbursement where possible. Registration to one of the pre-conference workshops on October 16 can also be requested, but will only be awarded as workshop space and funds are available. Students should review the 2022 Annual Conference agenda before answering the completing the application.
Scholarship applications can be submitted at any time, but no later than September 9, 2022, or until such time as funds are depleted. I2SL will issue a response within two weeks of application submission. Please answer the application questions through this Google Form. Please note where indicated if travel funds are required for your trip. Questions can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the questions below and then submit your responses via the Google Form.
- What involvement do you have in laboratory facilities and/or sustainability?
- What are you hoping to learn or take away from the I2SL Annual Conference?
- Which sessions are you most interested in attending, and why?
- What contribution do you see yourself making to sustainable labs in the future?
- Please note if you wish to attend a preconference workshop (and which one).
- Note: This scholarship does not cover transportation and/or a hotel in Pittsburgh. However, if you will need funds to cover your trip to the conference, please note here, as chapter funds may be available.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Back to the 2022 I2SL Annual Conference