DOE Smart Labs Symposium: Update on I2SL Tools That May Be Incorporated Into the DOE Smart Lab Partnership Program
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
This symposium offers an update on the progress and plans for DOE Smart Lab Partner tools developed by four I2SL Working Groups. The symposium precedes an afternoon focus meeting hosted by DOE for its current and prospective Smart Lab partners. The symposium presentations are the chairpersons of each working group, each having been engaged on the specific topics for several years. The symposium is open to all and will provide the opportunity for conferees to continue to shape the development of each of the tools.
Session G1: DOE Smart Labs Symposium – Part 1
8 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- An Overview of the Smart Lab Partnership and Tools Available to Partners
Rachel Shepherd, Department of Energy
- Smart Benchmarking for Lab Buildings
Alison Farmer, kW Engineering
- Smart Lab Ventilation Management: An Overview
Thomas Smith, Exposure Control Technologies
Session H1: DOE Smart Labs Symposium – Part 2
10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Bringing Efficiency to Research Grants (BETR Grants): Why There Is a Need To Connect Efficiency to Federal Funding for Research at Universities
Kathy Ramirez-Aguilar, University of Colorado Boulder
- Maturity Matrices Applied to High Performance Laboratories
Allen Doyle, University of California, Davis
Back to the 2017 I2SL Annual Conference