What attendees did to help make the conference more sustainable:
- Explore other travel options besides flying to Kansas City, such as taking the train.
- Reuse your hotel linens and take quick showers to minimize water use.
- Tell the hotel to hold your daily newspaper if you don't plan to read it.
- Instruct housekeeping to replace your sheets only at the end of your stay.
- Turn off any lights, TVs, or computers in your hotel room when not in use.
- Bring your own water bottle and/or coffee mug from home to reduce waste on site.
- Reuse your water bottles and drink from the water stations instead of using disposable plastic bottles.
- Turn in your name tag at the end of the conference for reuse at next year's conference.
- Whenever possible, walk, carpool, or take public transportation around town.
- Return any unused handouts to vendors or conference organizers to reuse or recycle.
In addition, Global Experience Specialists (GES), I2SL's exhibit hall decorator, is the first general service contractor to be certified to an international sustainability standard for the meetings and event industry. GES exceeded achieved Level Two certification of the Accepted Practices EXchange/American Society for Testing and Materials (APEX /ASTM) Environmentally Sustainable Event Standards. Visit the GES website to learn more.
Read what annual conference attendees have to say about their conference experience.
Learn how to get access to the Conference Presentation Archive, which includes more than a decade of conference presentations.
Back to the 2016 I2SL Annual Conference