Part of the Labs21 Tool Kit
The Labs21 program has granted I2SL permission to share Labs21 Tool Kit resources.
Labs21 case studies help to highlight sustainable features in engineering, architecture, and facilities management. Numerous facilities have implemented high-performance design features into new or retrofit laboratory projects. Each case study provides information on a variety of sustainable concepts in laboratory design. To view which technologies are exemplified in each case study, check the Labs21 Case Studies: Featured Concepts table (193 KB, 3 pp).
- Sandia National Laboratories, New Mexico (453 KB, 12 pp)
- The Louis Stokes Laboratories, Building 50, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland (292 KB, 8 pp)
- Nidus Center for Scientific Enterprise, St. Louis, Missouri (499 KB, 8 pp)
- Whitehead Biomedical Research Building at Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia (887 KB, 8 pp)
- Donald Bren Hall, Santa Barbara, California (509 KB, 8 pp)
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington (531 KB, 8 pp)
- Marian E. Koshland Integrated Natural Science Center at Haverford College, Haverford, Pennsylvania (494 KB, 8 pp)
- Molecular Foundry, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California (1.4 MB, 8 pp)
- Science and Technology Facility, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colorado (1.0 MB, 10 pp)
- Robert S. Kerr Environmental Research Center, Ada, Oklahoma (722 KB, 8 pp)
- Georgia Public Health Laboratory, Decatur, Georgia (372 KB, 8 pp)
- National Vehicle and Fuel Emissions Laboratory, Ann Arbor, Michigan (297 KB, 6 pp)
- Pharmacia Building Q, Skokie, Illinois (354 KB, 8 pp)
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Energy Retrofit Program
Case Study, Berkeley, California (1,142 KB, 23 pp)
Back to the top
Labs21 Energy Analysis
In addition to case studies, the Labs21 Energy Analysis (1.7 MB, 82 pp) applies various energy-efficient strategies to a generic laboratory under four different climate conditions. The analysis can be used to evaluate which energy-efficient measures would reap the most benefits when applied to laboratories operating under various conditions.
Back to the Labs21 Tool Kit